School leaders are required to effectively lead and manage change. Accelerating student achievement and creating a culture which is focused on growth and continuous improvement requires change. It’s important that change be well-managed to ensure the best results for students and employees of the school.
To implement effective change, the school needs to carefully consider:
- The reasons for the change: is it evidence based? Will it increase student achievement?
- How to create support for the change
- How leaders will model and support the change
- Constant and effective communication throughout the process
- Empowering students and staff to contribute to the change
- How to integrate change into the culture to ensure sustainability
- Potential effects on teacher and leadership workload