Teachers Pay Equity Claim
View the latest Teacher Pay Equity Claim notification letter here:
About this claim:
- This claim is in the establishment phase and may take 3+ years to complete.
- Arguability of claim agreed, which initiates the investigation process – a steering group is to be established.
- ECE 600 independent/privately owned employers – payroll not administered by EPL.
- Kindergarten Association teachers paid centrally by EPL.
- Early childhood “Multi Employer Process Agreement” (MEPA) out for consultation, closed 29/07/2021 – MoE received constructive feedback from this process. This close date was extended to 02/08/21.
- 100,000 teachers covered by claim.
- Notification to all teachers will be made in two weeks – informs them that they are covered by the claim with an “opt out” option available online, they will receive a letter and a factsheet (those wishing to opt out, must do so within 20 days under the legislation).
- Info packs in te reo will also be released.
- Implications of opt out for teachers/boards – teacher who opts out of union claim can raise their own individual claim directly with their employing school board.
What is the Teachers Pay Equity Claim?
Templates and Resources
Frequently Asked Questions