Update: Additional funding for Non-teaching staff
An additional increase to schools operational funding will be on top of to 1.8% increase that schools have already received this year. This additional funding’s specific purpose is to assist Boards in paying all eligible non-teaching staff at least $21.15 per hour (2019 living wage) based on their hours of work.
The key points for school Boards of Trustees are:
- Non-union members will need to be offered a new individual employment agreement (IEA) by 31 March in order to receive back pay for the new rates of pay. It is expected that all staff will be given the opportunity to accept a new IEA by the end of Term 1.
- Schools will need to advise EPL once a new IEA has been signed.
- Schools entitlement to this additional funding will be reduced if:
- Staff decline the new IEA; or
- Schools do not intend to offer the new pay rates. Please inform the Ministry if this is the case, so the funding can be adjusted to avoid overpayment.
For more information the link to the Ministry’s FAQs is available here.
Ngā mihi nui
Regional Director (Northern) – Principal Adviser Employment