Date: 1 April 2021
NZSTA 2021 AGM – A PLEA TO REGISTER YOUR DELEGATE
ONE MORE WEEK TO REGISTER YOUR AGM DELEGATE
ONLY 2 WEEKS TO CONFERENCE
Places are filling fast so make sure you book soon. All the
details can be found on our website and at www.nzstaconference.co.nz.
Our Annual Conference has been brought forward from the usual July dates due to the cancellation of the 2020 event. We have an excellent schedule of seminars and Keynote Addresses as well as great social events.
We look forward to seeing you all there.
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held during conference. All NZSTA member boards are invited to attend.
AGM is an important part of the conference weekend, and critical to our ability to function as a membership organisation over the following year. Remits put forward to AGM this year include constitutional changes in response to the Education and Training Act that cannot be actioned unless we have a quorum at AGM to decide on them.
We legally require a quorum of 10% member school boards to be represented at the AGM for it to go ahead. For thorough consideration of the issues to be decided, a much higher representation is desirable.
AGM provides an opportunity for all member boards to discuss issues directly with each other and with the President and Board.
This year, issues to be decided at AGM include:
- Changing the name of the Association to the New Zealand School Boards Association Incorporated (NZSBA)
- Changing the name of the Association to New Zealand School Trustees Boards Association Incorporated (Te Huihuinga o ngā Kura Poari o Aotearoa)
- Changes to the constitution to align with the Education and Training Act
- Changes to the AGM delegate forms to provide consistency of language
- Disclosure of Board Members and Employees remuneration and benefits over $100,000 in NZSTA’s Annual Accounts
- Lobbying for learning support
Any conference attendee can attend the AGM, however only those who have been appointed AGM delegates by the school can speak and vote. Delegates can be a member of the school board, who is attending conference, or you can ask your NZSTA Regional Executive Chair to be your delegate.
We are aware that people have included AGM attendance in conference registration, but their school has not yet registered an AGM Delegate
Please register your delegate by 10 April 2021. You can find all the information here:
If you have any questions on the above, please contact email@example.com
Key information for school boards and principals
Read the latest Pitopito Korero updates for boards and principals from Secretary for Education Iona Holsted.
Noho ora mai
Lorraine Kerr MNZM