NZSTA 2021 AGM - A PLEA TO REGISTER YOUR DELEGATE
LAST CHANCE TO REGISTER YOUR AGM DELEGATE
We are aware of attendees who have included AGM attendance in conference registration, but their school has not yet registered an AGM Delegate.
Please register your delegate by 5pm Friday 9 April 2021.
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held during conference. All NZSTA member boards are invited to attend. We look forward to seeing you all there.
AGM is an important part of the conference weekend, and critical to our ability to function as a membership organisation over the following year.
NZSTA Annual General Meeting 2021
Remits put forward to AGM this year include constitutional changes in response to the Education and Training Act that cannot be actioned unless we have a quorum at AGM to decide on them. We legally require a quorum of 10% of member school boards to be represented at the AGM for it to go ahead.
AGM provides an opportunity for all member boards to discuss issues directly with each other and with the President and Board. This year, issues to be decided at AGM include:
This year, issues to be decided at AGM include:
- Changing the name of the Association to the New Zealand School Boards Association Incorporated (NZSBA)
- Changing the name of the Association to New Zealand School Trustees Boards Association Incorporated (Te Huihuinga o ngā Kura Poari o Aotearoa)
- Changes to the constitution to align with the Education and Training Act
- Changes to the AGM delegate forms to provide consistency of language
- Disclosure of Board Members and Employees remuneration and benefits over $100,000 in NZSTA’s Annual Accounts
- Lobbying for learning support
Any conference attendee can attend the AGM, however only those who have been appointed AGM delegates by the school can speak and vote. Delegates can be a member of the school board, who is attending conference, or you can ask your NZSTA Regional Executive Chair to be your delegate.
Please register your delegate by 5pm Friday 9 April 2021. You can find all the information here:
AGM Delegate Form
If you have any questions on the above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Tell us what you think: email email@example.com
Key information for school boards and principals
Read the latest Pitopito Korero updates for boards and principals from Secretary for Education Iona Holsted.
Noho ora mai
Lorraine Kerr MNZM