Special General Meeting - 7 November 2020
Registering your delegate
Kia ora koutou
The NZSTA Board has called a Special General Meeting (SGM) of NZSTA member boards, to take place by Zoom at 4pm on 7 November, 2020.
We have received legal advice that we cannot roll over registrations from the AGM that was to have been held in September. We therefore ask that all member boards register a delegate for the Special General Meeting .
All trustees on member boards are entitled to log in to attend the SGM, but only the person you appoint as delegate may speak or vote.
There are no remits.
A Zoom invitation will be sent to all registered delegates.
What you need to do:
- Appoint one (1) person as your delegate to the Special General Meeting. This will ideally be a member of your own board. If no-one from your board is able to log into the NZSTA AGM, you may appoint from within your region:
o An NZSTA Board member, or
o a member of your NZSTA regional executive, or
o a trustee from another NZSTA member board who is attending the AGM.
2. Decide how your board wishes to vote
3. Fill in the Appointment of Delegate form below
4. Return the form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org as early as possible to register your votes and your delegate. NZSTA constitution 17(c) (iii) requires this form to be received by NZSTA national office seven days prior to the AGM (before 5pm Friday 28 Aug 2020).
5. Ensure your delegate attends the SGM to be able to vote on your board’s behalf.
You can find the NZSTA Constitution on the NZSTA website.
A proxy vote can be administered on behalf of your school by an NZSTA Regional Chair. Please forward your completed nomination form to them to sign at the email address below.
Northland: Sue Cresswell email@example.com
Auckland: Kathy Harding firstname.lastname@example.org
Waikato: April Tauelangi email@example.com
Bay of Plenty: Lindsay John firstname.lastname@example.org
Central East: Sonya Hapi email@example.com
Central West: Carl Triggs firstname.lastname@example.org
Wellington Wairarapa: Gavin Willbond email@example.com
Nelson/Marl/ West Coast: Latham Martin firstname.lastname@example.org
Canterbury: Tony Deavoll email@example.com
Otago: Eugen Dupu firstname.lastname@example.org
Southland: Malcolm Jones email@example.com
Please remind your delegate they will need a copy of the 2019 Annual Report and of their AGM delegate nomination forms. You can download the Annual report from the Membership publicationspage of the NZSTA website.
To register your delegate, fax or email the appointment of delegate form to NZSTA by Friday 30 October 2020:
Fax: 04-473-4706 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Constitution 17(c) (iii) requires this form to be received by NZSTA national office seven days prior to the SGM
If you have difficulty with any aspect of this process please email email@example.com.
Noho ora mai
Lorraine Kerr MNZM