Benefits of working for NZSTA
Striving for excellence
We’re striving to be the best at all that we do and want you to be excellent too.
Our people voice their opinions to improve the way we do things and take action to make it happen.
We are committed to providing excellent service to school trustees and are passionate about the difference this makes.
We enable our operations staff to provide excellent service by reviewing our processes and systems as well as looking at new ventures to ensure NZSTA is a sustainable organisation.
NZSTA is committed to treating our people fairly in all aspects of employment. We do this by:
- Encouraging opinions to be heard
- Trusting our people to perform
- Recruiting passionate and competent staff
- Continually improving our policies and procedures to ensure consistency and organisational suitability
Appreciating our people
We are supportive of our people, and recognise there’s more to them than the work they do for NZSTA.
- To support their interests in the community we allow our people to take one day off per year to volunteer a charity they support. We also make a $50 donation to a charity of their choice.
- We are committed to providing professional development for our people so they can perform their roles to a high standard and grow their skills and knowledge to fulfil their aspirations. This includes on the job training and mentoring as well as attendance at courses, and conferences. We also provide study leave and reimbursement of fees for formal study when it relates to their role.
- We operate with a flat structure and open door policy and encourage ideas to be raised and listen to our people’s opinions.
- We trust our staff to get the job done and are flexible with our work patterns as long as business demands are met.
- We offer a range of support to assist our people with their health and wellbeing. These include vision testing, flu jabs, Employee Assistance Programme and 10 days sick leave per year and 4 additional days leave (association days) on top of the 4 weeks annual leave to ensure appropriate rest and relaxation. We are reviewing our wellness initiatives and hope to support our people even further.